Sunday, January 11, 2009

This Old Shay...more progress

Well today got out in the shop for a couple hours and finished installing the fire pan and burner assembly. I used some threaded rod to slowly raise up the pan after installing the brick work. It was too heavy to lift by hand.


The pan is just a few inches from being in place.

Next I plumbed up the fuel and atomizer lines.



I also finished up the front end with the exhaust nozzle and blower pipe. In the rear of the smokebox you can see the flexible sealant I used to make sure there are no leaks to provide a good draft. I don't know how this loco steamed before with so much daylight coming inside.



I have also started on the backhead tray for the oil cans to go or perhaps a place to cook on...



Until next time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GOOD SHOW ON YOUR BLOG JEFF....AWESOME CHEF IDEA...FOOD NETWORK SHOULD PICK THAT UP MAN...WE ARE STAYING AT KOA ON 4TH WEEKEND...WANT TO TAKE YOU TO RIO DEL MAR FOR TERIAKI FOR BREKY, OR THE URANUS CAFE FOR VEGI IF YOU HAVE TIME....GENO