Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Recent Happenings...

Well many of you have been wondering what's going on and are figuring that the Shay is ready to go down the tracks. Unfortunately that is not the case. Work and my 30th class reunion have pushed aside the shop projects for a time. But not to worry. I now have the fuel tank ready to install and one of the rear trucks is in.

I want to hit you all with some shock and awe along with some shameless self-promotion.
I was blessed to attend a private boarding school in Healdsburg, California for my senior year of high school. There is really a bond that connects people together when they live, work and play for a year. That is how it was with my classmates. We did everything together. Even the ones that were in cliques and introverts, we still to this day have that connection that cannot be broken. When we get together for a reunion every 5 years it is an event. And this year was probably the best one ever. We saw some of our friends that have not come back to visit since graduation. Our time together began Friday night April 3rd and did not end until Sunday morning the 5th. Here are a few pictures from the time we had together. Enjoy and I will get back to work on the Shay next week, I promise!


Our Class Photo taken on Saturday the 4th. Shortly after this we had a few more show up.


Here we are catching each other up on our lives. Many who could not be there sent emails and photos which were shown on the multimedia screen.


Yeah I know what your thinking... "That Grumps is a real chick magnate"!


This is Bunny. She was my high school sweetheart, and is still a great friend.


One of my proudest accomplishments is being able to sing with these guys. Something we have continued to do since graduation. We did 3 songs for the church service and then 4 songs at our dinner party. When I get the videos up on you-tube, you will understand the shock and awe of it all then.
Till next time...

1 comment:

doc said...

Great to see the Shay coming along. It is one very nice piece of machinary. Look forward to future installments.