Friday, December 12, 2008

Oh NO! What have I gotten myself into now...

Well I up and did it. Yup. Just like my wife predicted. The madness grew larger this week with the purchase of some 15" gauge steam locomotives, rolling stock, rail and other pieces. I started hauling it on Monday and by Wednesday had most of the collection here. Some of the pieces were located about 7 miles up the road at a private retreat center. The rest came from Campbell. So just what did I get? See for yourselves...


A 3" scale 15" gauge 3 truck Shay.



Trailer loads of stuff...


Here is my assistant Edgar helping me load up over 4000 feet of rail and switches.


Trucks and wheel sets.

Anyhow after getting the shay in the shop (no easy task due to its weight) I began the process of stripping it down for further inspection and to begin its process of restoration back to operation. I will give a history of this locomotive soon and you will be able to follow the progress here on the blog.



This coming week I have one more steam locomotive to move (a Crown 4-4-0) along with some other misc. stuff. I will post pictures on those soon. Hey just remember my motto, "Its all FOR SALE!"

No comments: