Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Has it been that long?


Wow! Time flies by fast when you're busy. Let's see...the latest news... well the Shay is FINISHED! The photo on the left shows me with the West Side Shay #12 at the Colorado Railroad Museum where I did some volunteer work on it and the Kahului #12 at the Georgetown Loop back in September.


And now for my shay... yes it is completed and running like a swiss watch. I took it over to Hillcrest Farms in Reedely for their Railfest and got it dialed in to where it runs superb!

Here it is all loaded up and ready to hit the road for Reedley, only 3 hours away.


And I really like this shot that Mike Massee took of the locomotive working up the grade out of Red Rivit Canyon!


You can see more pics of the shay here...Standard Lumber #5

And of course there is a You Tube of the locomotive here:Shay #5 at Railfest

Well here is wishing you all Happy Holidays until next time.
Grumps - Out!

1 comment:

doc said...

Great looking locomotive. Sorry I missed the Reedly meet. Hope to see the Shay in operation one day.